Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Have Never Forgotten You

I Have Never Forgotten You: The Life and Legacy of Simon Wiesenthal
3 stars
This is the remarkable story of concentration camp survivor Simon Wiesenthal, who post-WWII became the world's foremost Nazi hunter. He tracked down more than 1,000 elusive Nazis who were exiled in disguise across the world: in Europe, South America, and North America. Wiesenthal was a man who did not sleep; his efforts were tireless. Unfortunately, this documentary suffers a lack of something. I'm not sure what. Trust me - I'm on board with Wiesenthal, the dude is a legend. But I found the proceedings dragged at times and Nicole Kidman's narration was flat and distracting. Still, even the title - "I Have Never Forgotten You" - is gripping. It is simultaneously Wiesenthal's promise to his fellow Jews past and future, and our promise to keep the memory of Wiesenthal's passion for justice and revelation of truth alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment